Email automation is an important resource for a business looking to build connections with customers, new and old. Using email automation to create targeted emails that send when triggered by a specific, date, or activity is a great way to personalize your marketing and the way you communicate with customers.
Today, we would like to discuss transactional emails and how they can be utilized to drive additional sales and generate customer loyalty.
What is a transactional email?
A transactional email is an automated message that is triggered after a customer makes a purchase. The initial transactional email usually contains details about their order, expected delivery times, and other related information. Rather than mass emails sent to a group of users, like a newsletter, transactional emails allow you to provide information that is uniquely relevant to the recipient.
Beyond order confirmation emails, there are a number of transactional emails that can engage your customers and keep them coming back. Other post-transactional emails that your business can take advantage of include:
- Shipping confirmation emails: Your customer is already excited about receiving their order, and this anticipation and excitement means they are more likely to engage with the email. Customers may even consider gifting your product(s) to their friends and family if prompted.
- Customer feedback and product review emails: These can be as simple as sending a survey or a single question about a customer’s shopping experience and can be an effective way to solicit feedback.
- Specific product follow-up and category follow-up automations: This type of automation can be triggered when customers purchase specific products, or products from a specific vendor. This is particularly effective for generating orders.
- Recurring dates automation: This automation uses date-based merge tags—like the date of a first purchase or a company anniversary—to trigger emails to your customers.
- Customer re-engagement automation: These emails specifically target people who haven’t made a purchase in a while.
Each of these email automations has the potential to make a significant impact on customer satisfaction and retention. Transactional emails give your business the opportunity to increase contact with your customers as well as drive sales.
If you are looking to use email automation to engage with your audience through every step of their customer journey, contact us today. We’re happy to help answer any of your questions and help you create targeted and personalized emails.