At Starkmedia, we have a detailed process for creating a website. From the exploratory phase to final testing, we take into consideration each business’ specific needs and try to translate them into a web presence. Whether you’re looking at a redesign or you’re creating a web site, below are a few important things we consider when beginning the process.
1. Think About Your Audience. Who are you targeting and what are they interested in? The latest and greatest web application may not be relevant to your audience. Instead of getting caught up in a specific design because it is appealing to you think about your target audience. At Starkmedia, we often conduct interviews to research the specifics of what your target audience wants.
2. Stand Out but Look Appropriate. When beginning the web design process it is important to think about how you can stand out from your competition. You want to look different, BUT you also want your visitor to be able to recognize that it is you. If you strip out all indicators of your industry you could potentially confuse your visitors. Our designs look unique, professional and updated while also clearly communicating your business to the visitor.
3. Think Clearly not Cutesy. When thinking about the verbiage on your website remember not to use industry speak or create names that may not translate meaning easily. Lead your visitors to important information instead of leaving them to contemplate the meaning of your words.
4. Be Informative & Provide Direction. Your visitor has come to your website for information so provide it. If they don’t find exactly what they want on the home page you’ll need to direct them to their desired content with intuitive navigation. If specific information holds a lot of weight we often create a static footer so that the information remains visible when navigating through the site.
5. Provide a strong sell. Make sure to tell your visitor what you want them to do. Not only should you tell them what to do, but also provide information on why they should do that. At Starkmedia, we help our clients develop a strong call to action that gets results.
No matter where you are in the process it is important to make sure your website is achieving the desired results. Starkmedia can help analyze your site to see if there are areas for improvement and provide direction moving forward.